Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, The Makeup Agency Sydney are a team of qualified Hair and Makeup Artists that can get you ready for any occasion. For bookings of three or more people, we would need to supply two artists to get your group ready.
Yes! We Travel to any location you need. We would factor in travel cost to your booking.
We arrive 15 minutues prior to booking to set up and be ready to start the client on the time scheduled. You will receive a run sheet prior to wedding / event so that everyone is clear what time they will have their hair and makeup started and completed by on the day. We allow an hour for hair styling and an hour for makeup.
- We suggest washing your hair the night before the wedding. For best results wash your hair twice with shampoo and only condition the ends of the hair.
- Do not use any oils in your hair like argan oil or Moroccan Oil
- Do not use any products with a silicone base such as Tresemme, Palmolive, Pantene or Sunsilk. This will ensure your hair holds the style and isn’t too slippery on the day of the wedding. We would love fresh, clean and dry hair ready for styling.
- f you would like a blow dry as well as styling we will need to allow extra time to factor that in. Blow drying is $100 + GST additional to the styling fee.
- We do not recommend doing anything too close to your wedding day that may cause redness or breakouts. Avoid using new products in the lead up to your wedding to avoid having an adverse reaction. If you do want to do a facial treatment we suggest limiting it to something simple such as a light exfoliation or a hydrating facial one week prior to the wedding with products you have used previously & have worked well with your skin.
- On the morning of the wedding, gently wash your face and if you wanted to use a sheet mask that you know your skin works well with you could apply that.
- We do not recommend using sunscreen on your face the morning of the wedding as this may cause flash back. Our artists will prep your skin accordingly to ensure the makeup stays flawless all day.
- We suggest all waxing and tinting to be done at least a week prior to the wedding day.
To ensure your special day runs smoothly, a trial is highly recommended. Your artist will use the trial to discuss different makeup looks and hairstyles that you like, decide on a look you love and then recreate it on you.
We suggest you wear a white or cream top to the trial and also bring some inspiration images of hair and makeup looks you love.
Your artist will take photos of you after the trial to use as a reference on the wedding day. We also send you a list of products that we use on your trial and suggest what products to buy to touch up your makeup during the course of the wedding day. This will normally be a pressed powder to control shine and lipstick and lipliner.
You may want to do your bridal trial on a day when you have an event on so you can see how the makeup and hair lasts and feels throughout the day.
Our team have fully equipped kits filled with high-quality products. High end brands such as Hourglass, MAC, Tarte, Armani, Chanel and NARS are used to add that extra bit of added luxury to your day.
As professional makeup artists, we take hygiene seriously. We wash our hands before and after every client. We decant our products so we never double dip into liquids and creams to prevent cross contamination and our powders are sprayed with ‘Beauty So Clean’. Brushes are meticulously cared for, washed and sterilised so they are clean for every client and disposable mascara wands are always used.